Sue wrote: I have found that horary astrology has become almost like a party trick in some circles. Is there a field of study that is not going in that direction? I know that I meet up with many people who feel that by watching a few television shows and reading a few magazines they are better equip... Forum: Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques Topic: Is the traditional approach too fatalistic? Replies: 68 Views: 32841 Sun May 15, 2005 7:25 pm Jump to post
Tom wrote: I recently obtained a reprint of William Lilly's autobiography. He tells us how he came to astrology. He came to the subject because it interested him. Modern students tend to come to astrology to learn about their favorite subject: themselves. The criteria for a traditionalist is not a d... Forum: Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques Topic: Is the traditional approach too fatalistic? Replies: 68 Views: 32841 Thu May 12, 2005 2:02 am Jump to post
Just to update you, Jack did not get in to the summer program. Sadly, we all were right. Thank you again for your input. Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Will Jack be accepted at school? Replies: 11 Views: 6273 Tue May 03, 2005 10:50 pm Jump to post
Oops, I do see Merc retrograde. Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Will Jack be accepted at school? Replies: 11 Views: 6273 Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:16 pm Jump to post
I have the moon in this chart at 0 degress and 57 minutes in Sag. I don't see how the moon is void of course? If you could explain I would appreciate it. Also, the only retro planets I see are Jup and Pluto. The moon in the first is applying next to Mars in the third with a sextile, then Mer, Ven an... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Will Jack be accepted at school? Replies: 11 Views: 6273 Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:07 pm Jump to post
Yuzuru, Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I like the simple way of doing it better than complicating the whole chart. Given what you have said, and looking at the Frawley chart, I have to agree. It doesn't look like Jack will be accepted to the summer program. Maybe next year. We will k... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Will Jack be accepted at school? Replies: 11 Views: 6273 Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:46 pm Jump to post
Will Jack be accepted at school? I did a chart this evening asking if my son Jack would be accepted into the summer program at a prominent music college in our city. The chart was done in Brighton, MA at 71w09, 42n21 at 8:36 pm Eastern Standard Time. I used Regiomantanis houses. Since Jack is my son I used the fifth house, but am I... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Will Jack be accepted at school? Replies: 11 Views: 6273 Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:08 am Jump to post
Saw her last saturday and loved her! It was so nice to go to an all day lecture and instead of being bored, I was totally involved with every word. Bernadette lectured on finding careers in a horoscope, and also whether or not there would be money. Two of my favorite subjects! But more than that, sh... Forum: News, Notices, Books, Links Topic: Bernadette Brady Replies: 6 Views: 6761 Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:21 am Jump to post
Does the 7th house also represent the defense attorney? If so, then it looks good for MJ to have a strong Mars in Capricorn in the 9th house. Like kurgal, I am also wondering about the moon's position. It looks like the jury is going back and forth on this one. Forum: Mundane & Financial Astrology Topic: Michael Jackson Replies: 101 Views: 70779 Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:34 pm Jump to post
Thank you so much for your responses. And thank you, Deb, for putting the chart up. I competely ignored the Moon/Neptune opposition. Mainly because I don't always look at the outer planets, especially when the inner planets like the Moon/Venus trine look so good. My question now is, with a Moon/Venu... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Speaking of jobs... Replies: 4 Views: 4864 Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:11 pm Jump to post
Speaking of jobs... I did this chart last year and it still confuses me. It was Dec. 29, 2004 at 7:02 p.m. EST at 71w09, 42n21. It was the evening of a job interview. The question was "will I get be offered the job?" I am represented by the sun which is in the 5th house in Cap. Not in any great position as I ... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Speaking of jobs... Replies: 4 Views: 4864 Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:32 am Jump to post
Two that I like are: LUNAR NODES - Mohan Koparkar, and THE MOON'S NODES & THEIR IMPORTANCE IN NATAL ASTROLOGY - George White Forum: News, Notices, Books, Links Topic: reading material on Nodes Replies: 1 Views: 5893 Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:39 pm Jump to post