Horary Question on Whether to Take a Test Again A friend came to Canada some years ago. In January this year, she took an English proficiency test. The results were okay, but not to her satisfaction. She continued to study. In early May, she took the test again. The results were once again okay, but not to her satisfaction. (She got better marks ... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Horary Question on Whether to Take a Test Again Replies: 3 Views: 2309 Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:03 am Jump to post
Re: Chart: What Is Her Real Purpose in Coming Here? Hi, Ouranos. I have seen you discuss midpoints on various posts. What is a good book to get into this subject? Do you agree with my analysis? More particularly, do you agree that: 1. Jupiter is the girl. 2. Jupiter being in Taurus may be a complete answer to my question? In my original post, I menti... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Chart: What Is Her Real Purpose in Coming Here? Replies: 3 Views: 1545 Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:48 am Jump to post
Chart: What Is Her Real Purpose in Coming Here? The situation is as follows: 1. Around five, six years ago, my friend and I knew a girl, who came from abroad. At that time, the girl hooked up with my friend. 2. Later, the girl went back to her home country. 3. After a hiatus of around five years (e.g., now), the girl contacted my friend. She said... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Chart: What Is Her Real Purpose in Coming Here? Replies: 3 Views: 1545 Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:06 pm Jump to post
RE: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Upon reviewing the chart, I realized that my initial interpretation was totally wrong. Now, I see it as follows: 1. Mars is Lord of the 9th House. Mars is the book on trading. 2. Mars in fact connects all of key planets in this chart: a. Sextile aspect with Saturn: Lord of the 6th House, which would... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Replies: 5 Views: 2178 Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:50 am Jump to post
RE: How Useful Are Ancient Languages for Astrology? Hi, Martin Gansten. Oh wow! This forum truly is educational. I can't believe I spent so many hours reading Ashmand's translation without realization that he was actually translating a paraphrase ... Thank you for clarifying this issue, as well as the meaning of the word "hairesis", for me. Forum: Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques Topic: How Useful Are Ancient Languages for Astrology? Replies: 5 Views: 3180 Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:11 am Jump to post
RE: How Useful Are Ancient Languages for Astrology? Thank you, Ouranos and Martin Gansten, for replying. Ashmand Edition I became more interested in this issue while reading Tetrabiblos. Initially, I was reading the Ashmand translation. In Book 3, Chapter 4, I read, Thus, for example, the degree of their fortune and wealth will be indicated by the do... Forum: Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques Topic: How Useful Are Ancient Languages for Astrology? Replies: 5 Views: 3180 Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 am Jump to post
Re: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Hi, Ouranos. You said, Planets only - no degree position in your chart. I included three screenshots. The screenshots are the chart, the positions of the planets, and the positions of the house cusps. Am I missing something? In any event, I have now included a chart of the same time and place from a... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Replies: 5 Views: 2178 Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm Jump to post
Re: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Hi, Ouranos. “Chart with no degrees”? What do you mean? I am not familiar with this concept. For the Moon being void, I was using the traditional seven planets. My question, if expanded, would probably have been something like: Would reading this book assist me to improve the profitability of my tra... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Replies: 5 Views: 2178 Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:15 pm Jump to post
Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? NOTE: After reviewing the chart, I realized that my interpretation in this post was all wrong. I have posted my updated interpretation in Post #6 below. After a long hiatus, I am considering getting back into day and swing trading. I came across a book on trading online. I downloaded it, but did not... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Chart - Will Reading This Book on Trading Help Me? Replies: 5 Views: 2178 Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:01 am Jump to post
How Useful Are Ancient Languages for Astrology? It would appear that the foundational texts for traditional Western astrology are mainly in Greek and Arabic. I do not have any Greek or Arabic. This is something that I may seek to remedy in the future. Here are my questions: 1. How important are these languages for understanding texts that have al... Forum: Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques Topic: How Useful Are Ancient Languages for Astrology? Replies: 5 Views: 3180 Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:25 am Jump to post
RE: Inner Guide/Good Daimon Hi, Jason. Thank you for your recommendations. I have looked at both articles before. However, I did not read them deeply at the time. Hypothetical Horary Questions I suppose my question is more along the lines of: To which house should we attribute the Inner Guide/Good Daimon in terms of horary ast... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: RE: Inner Guide/Good Daimon Replies: 4 Views: 2316 Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:41 am Jump to post
Re: Matutine, Vespertine, Oriental, Occidental Hi, Ouranos. Thank you for referring me to the article. I will digest it before responding to you. Hi, james_m. My understanding is that in common parlance the Sun moves east along the ecliptic, while the sky rotates to the west. For instance, in terms of the Sun's movement, Taurus is to east of Ari... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Matutine, Vespertine, Oriental, Occidental Replies: 9 Views: 3504 Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:49 am Jump to post