25 by Tanit3333 Annadeer - I use event charts a lot too and have for many years and I don't see this as a VOC Moon but that is why it is a controversial topic. I think the bigger issue is Moon in the 12th. Like I said, I don't love the chart either but I would vote it as the lesser of two evils. As I said regarding NN, traditional astrologers, such as Bonatti in his "146 considerations," view the nodes as eclipsing the Moon. I again agree here and have seen it not be a good influence. If it were just the NN being an issue I might understand choosing the chart, but the NN increases anything around it and could potentially make Algol even worse than it normally can be. I regard a 5 degree orb. It doesn't have to be partile to be significant. It becomes an issue because the Moon is so important in event charts. I actually see this as potentially more significant than it might be in natal, where Algol can sometimes describe temperaments versus things that happen. As far as influences, orbs, etc. being only important in horary, natal or whatever - I actually never agree with that and the more I study astrology the more similarities I see between various chart types. I have heard some people say Mercury combust isn't important in natal, as an example. The symbolism isn't always the same but that doesn't make it irrelevant. And Pisces Jupiter conjunct MC might soften that Algol conjunct NN. It would be important though that the tests starts right at time. The orb would be 13 degrees to the Moon to potentially mitigate. If you don't regard that orb for VOC versus non VOC Moons then it would be odd to apply that here. I would not want to rely on Jupiter to mitigate that with a sextile and lack of reception. Mars is also quite angular. There is a tug of war that I wouldn't want to play with. The benefics can mitigate but that doesn't mean you will pass an exam. You could end up failing less. If it were me I would try to find a route 3 chart. I don't even like to drive when Mars is directly on the horizon. I always see more traffic accidents at that time and I have a superstition about it. Sometimes you have to and here it is probably mitigated but again I wouldn't play with it and try it out. Especially so with someone who has had several bad exams already. Quote Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:09 am
26 by johannes susato It seems likely that the last aspect the Moon will make during the test is the trine with Mercury, [...] Annadeer, most astrologers would agree that at the given time the Moon is already separating from Mercury's trine. Quote Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am
27 by annadeer Johannes, maybe we're looking at two different charts -- the chart of my preference that I am referring to is the last chart, where Moon is 22 Taurus and Mercury 25 Capricorn. Tannit3333, note taken about NN not going well with Moon, will pay attention to it in the future (but still find it strange). As for Jupiter, I wasn't referring to a sextile with the Moon, but to it's being conjunct (3 degrees orb) with MC, which in my experience tends to give a positive color to an event. But agreed Algol and Mars and SUn aren't good. I would definitely also try get a third option. But in case that's not possible, I'd stick to my choice. Last edited by annadeer on Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total. Quote Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:27 pm
28 by johannes susato annadeer wrote:Johannes, maybe we're looking at two different charts -- You are right, Annadeer. Quote Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:50 pm
29 by johannes susato Significators are lord 1 for the querent, in both of the charts the Moon; lord 10 for the test, in both of the charts Jupiter. As in the date with the Moon in Taurus there is neither an aspect nor the least reception between the Moon and Jupiter, I leave this option out. Because of the applying trine of the Moon with Jupiter within the larger orbs given by Lilly, the date with the Moon in Gemini should be the choice, if there is no other possible date to be chosen, and even if there are no receptions. The querent should be on the alert - a little bit - not to become her own enemy her Moon being in the 12th house of self-undoing. But with this warning on her mind she should be on her way to a successful test by her fine driving (the Moon in Gemini). Quote Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:28 pm
30 by Ouranos When looking for a date, consider the Lunation Cycle and the way it connects with your chart. NM in Aquarius on Feb 1st conjunct Saturn brings duties and obligations to the forefront for the coming month in relationship to the House it falls in your chart. Whatever you had postponed or tried to avoid in your life, you must now be facing it. Mercury R ruled by Saturn since Jan 15th will go Direct Feb 4th. So we look for a date after the 4th. As for a date to choose, I don't know your natal chart but does the NM makes a difficult or good aspect with Saturn, the Sun or Mercury and Venus being in Capricorn and highlighted by the Lunation Look for 1) It falls in your 3rd House 2) A natal or transiting planet in your 3rd House 3) The Ruler of your 3rd House, natal or transiting. 4) The Moon transiting in Gemini Also, the Quarter Moon will fall in Taurus. Any relationship to your 3rd House as above? Choose a date when the Moon will aspect favorably a natal or transiting planet in relationship to your 3rd House. Here when the Moon will be in Gemini, it will trine Saturn and the Sun (keeping in mind if they show favorable outcome in relationship to the 4 points listed above.) This should give you a way to narrow down a day. Once you have that, try to put the aforementioned Angular if possible with the MC for success being the best. Best to you ashwsh, Ouranos Blessings! Quote Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:51 am
31 by ashwsh Hello All, Thank you for all the inputs. After going through the conversation here, I decided to look at my natal chart and saw that moon with Transit my 9th house on the date of the test (option 1). Date of option 2 is not available anymore. 9th house of Gemini, also has NN in it, and 3rd house ruler mars transits 4th, with Venus and Mars. No planet transiting through first or 3rd house. I do not see any major aspects, but I ain't any expert like all of you. See here, I posted natal and event chart side by side. https://postimg.cc/Pp39RdC2 Regards Quote Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:01 pm
32 by Tanit3333 The event Moon is conjunct the natal MC, which deals with goals. I don't see too many difficult transits other than Mars-Mars square and an ongoing Saturn-Saturn square (which is a frustrating aspect and something you will/have been dealing with). You can't really avoid the Saturn transit when you want to get this test done but if possible you may want to reschedule when Mars isn't hitting your natal Mars in hard aspect. I would especially be aware of the Mars issue given Mars is also angular in the event chart. You want to watch out for losing patience, being too aggressive, jumping ahead to things, etc. Be patient and take your time. Mars can be used constructively- being confident and getting something done efficiently. It can also be used in destructive ways. As a natal 1st house Mars, you may already be well aware of the sides of Mars. When Mars shows up in the 7th in an event, we can expect to see its energies in other people but it is often a mirroring of some of our own behavior (especially so for someone with it in natal 1st). If you find the examiner showing these energies, make sure to soften their approach and to not exacerbate it. Venus does mitigate in the event chart and it also lords your natal Mars and is dignified. There are ways to calm Mars down. Maybe look back at the other charts too for the other tests and see if there are any patterns. If Mars is showing up then I would reschedule to a different date. I am glad the second chart is booked because I don't think it was a good time for you. Quote Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:27 pm
33 by annadeer Pluto will be trining your Asc -- a once-in-a-lifetime positive transformation period, that will be felt for months -- probably related to more important things than your driving test. Jupiter will square your Sun and trine your Saturn -- good I wouldn't worry about the Mars-Mars Saturn-Saturn squares, they will have completed by then. Uranus will still be opposite your Saturn though -- some sort of ongoing instability. I still worry about the Moon being void. It would be the first time in 20+ years that I see something lead to results during a void moon. I full-heartedly hope you'll prove me wrong. Also, on the day of the test Mercury ruler of your Asc will be conjunct Pluto -- usually not the most uplifting of days - -although as it will trine your Asc, maybe it will just all be about transformation and easy communication. Anyway, good luck -- and even if you don't pass it, with Pluto trine your Asc, something good will be up for you the next few months. Quote Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:57 am
34 by ashwsh Thank you both for the inputs Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous and will be more frustrated if I fail again. The clock is ticking on me, plus each time the cost of booking the test is not less. Fingers crossed, hope I succeed. Thank you! I will keep you posted. Regards Quote Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 pm
35 by Ouranos Ashwsh, This month, NM in your 5th trine natal MA L3 and sextiling your 3rd House planets is good for optimism and mental alertness. Spiritual suggestion: Om Namah Shivaya Repeat this mantra sitting in a quiet position and you will succeed. This week, I went for a cataract surgery and I repeated a personal mantra of mine while waiting in the pre-operation room with several others. The nurse was taking our blood pressure and while everyone were having high blood pressure (normal before a surgery!), when she arrived at me, she got 125/70. The normal is 120/80. She asked me if I was prone to low blood pressure. I said no, otherwise she said it was optimal before a surgery and that I did not need painkillers. Stay focus, the Universe is with You! Good luck! Ouranos Blessings! Quote Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:37 am
36 by Tanit3333 Ashwsh - good luck on your test this week and keep us posted. I had an event during the same exact situation as your Caput Algol Moon chart and it wasn't an easy situation for me. I have natal Sun 2nd lord in the 11th conjunct Algol so it relates to specific stuff in my chart. It was a great day for weed-wacking though! I got a lot of yard work done and cut the heads off of a lot of weeds. I didn't have a choice in the event time, unfortunately. Quote Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:19 am