Will I be designated or even win an award? 1 by Georgius Hi, I did a horary to see if my submission to an exhibition of photographic works and advertised awards would be accepted and even win an award. The range was a festival of photography in a German city. Will I be designated or even win an award? 3.11.2022, 16:20 MET 15e17, 48n44 Here is the chart with Regiomontanus houses: And this was my interpretation: Venus as lady of the 1st house shows myself Mars as lord of the 7th house shows other contributors Saturn as lord of the 10th house shows the jury This is no competition with impartial rules but something like election. According to Mr. Frawley the first aspect of the moon shows the winner in such cases also. The first aspect is a trine to Venus. Sounds very good. The moon even carries the light from Venus to Saturn. There is no applying aspect between Mars, the competitors, and Saturn, the jury. So, I found my submission will be accepted and the chance to win some of the awards is very good. What is your guess? (In the meantime I know the result and will tell you after some time.) Quote Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:50 pm
2 by Wisdom Joy Hey- do you mind posting the chart from astro.com? I would love to share in the reading since its L10 and I've been working on those charts lately. Or do you have the chart details, I'm happy to run it myself also. Thank you! WJ Quote Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:42 pm
3 by Georgius Wisdom Joy wrote:I would love to share in the reading since its L10… Hi Wisdom Joy, I appreciate your participation! My first language is not English maybe therefore I do not understand your “…since it is L10…???. Do you mean you worked with the Lord of house 10 recently and so you are interested in this chart? Wisdom Joy wrote:…do you have the chart details… The details as above: Georgius wrote: Will I be designated or even win an award? 3.11.2022, 16:20 MET 15e17, 48n44 Looking forward to read your interpretation! Quote Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:55 am
4 by AmeliaS From what I read, and my own experience, you usually need a perfect chart to win a major competition. The steeper the odds, the more perfect the chart must be. The aspect itself is lovely, but the effect of two debilitations must be considered: (1) The Venus is combust. (2) The Moon applies from one of the weaker houses (the 12th). I must admit I feel less optimistic than I would like to about this chart. I think your work will be accepted, but I doubt there will be awards. Combustion is about the worst thing a planet can suffer. This is one of the few things that have always been indisputable in astrology. Although strong reception no doubt helps mitigate the effect, I am not sure this is enough to turn the whole thing around so that great honours can happen. For other, less exclusive matters, sometimes reception is enough to heal the combustion and make something happen. Especially if the querent pushes for it. He or she will usually have to pay a price for it though. Whether it is worth it is entirely up to the querent! Quote Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:04 pm
5 by Georgius Thanks for your thoughts, AmeliaS! I will wait some more days and then post the outcome… Quote Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 pm
6 by Wisdom Joy Do you mind sending the location if you're comfortable? I can run the chart once I get it. I tried to look up the coordinates but not sure I have the location accurate. Thank you! WJ Quote Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:31 am
7 by Wisdom Joy Thank you so much for sharing the location! I have a few comments that I wanted to share, they echo was Amelia shares above; You: L1: Mars (dignified by term) + Moon (no dignity and sitting in 12th house) Award: L10: Saturn (domicile) Panel + Interviewer: Venus (in detriment) Now turning to aspects: mars and Saturn are approaching a trine but I believe there is a block with Jupiter and it doesn't come to fruition. So there's no aspects between the two major signifiers. If I look to moon and Saturn im not seeing an aspect there. I welcome the thoughts of others! Thank you! WJ Quote Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:42 pm
9 by Wisdom Joy Okay thanks! I must have your chart details incorrect then. I ran it based on the location you shared but something else might not be accurate! Thank you! WJ Quote Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:30 pm
11 by Georgius I would like to add why I asked this question: There was a fee for participation which I could afford but it was worth mentioning to me and I wanted to know if I should try and invest the money. Okay on Sunday I will report the outcome. Quote Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:52 pm
Result 12 by Georgius The result: My contribution to the exhibition was not accepted and so I will not be able to win an award. @AmeliaS: Thank you for your warnings of the combustion of my significator and pointing to moon residing in the evil 12th house! But I still do not understand the chart fully: Disregarding moons next aspect and Frawleys interpretation of it there is the moon carring my work (Sun) and also something of my personality (Venus) to the jury (Saturn). Surely I (Venus) am not seen. I sent my work per mail to the jury, they do not know me. Maybe the looked at the WWW for my website but that is unlikely because of many candidatures. So I think it is appropriate that the chart shows my significator combusted. And furthermore Venus is separating from combustion: They are able to learn to know me. (All accepted artists are invited to come to the opening event of the exhibition.) So why should this combustion of my person prohibit success? Saturn the significator of the jury is situated in my 11th house, the house of my friends, mentors and patrons. He is in the term of the moon. A weak reception but still a reception to my cosignificator. But Saturn is in the detriment of the Sun, L5, my work. So the jury doesn’t like my work. Furthermore there is an applying square to the Sun. Are this testimonies crucial? Quote Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:31 pm