13
Congrats, Ficina!
Thanks Garry :D I was putting my neck on the line there. I'm not usually in the habit of making my predictions public like that.
One thing that interested me is the resemblance between the way this game went, and the Manchester Utd v Bayern Munich Champions League final in 1999
Yeah, I remember it well.... and John's TV appearance. Mr Supercool, lol! These late finishes tend to turn me into a complete nervous wreck, especially if I've got money (and/or my reputation!) running on it. It can also spoil my enjoyment of the game. If, for example, I've predicted a score of 1-0 and someone scores early on, I spend the whole of the rest of the match hoping no-one else will score! :roll:

14
Ficina wrote:
Congrats, Ficina!
Thanks Garry :D I was putting my neck on the line there. I'm not usually in the habit of making my predictions public like that.
I should have sent my congrats too. Excellent prediction. I wouldn't expect you to get it right all the time though - too difficult. Settle for 4/5 ;-)
Neil
Online Dating::Star Sign Compatibility


"Honesty's the Best Policy" - Miguel de Cervantes

15
"Rebelling against football mania"?? Shame on you! I love seeing the St. George's flag flying all over the place. At the moment, it's unusual to see a car without one!
True - when I first noticed them I asked my husband why everyone was hanging flags out of their windows. He said it was so they would have something to snap in half after they've watched a Euro-match. :D
I have a certain technique that's never let me down so far

Wow! I shall be interested to hear about that, Deb. I've tried lots of techniques over the 10 years or so I've been doing sports predictions and none of them has proved to be consistently accurate.
When I say it's never let me down so far, I mean in the 5 or 6 times I've used it :) But they've all been important 'reputation on the line' experiences so I consider myself in its debt.

You can't always use it, but it's good to stick in your toolbox for when you can. You need big international games - the ones that get the whole nation's consciousness locked into them. Think about how those games become the focus for the nation's hopes and expectations. Look at the transits for the capital city at the start of the game (and you can also look at angularity of benefics and malefics and aspecting planets at around the time the game is expected to end, but the start of the match should do it). Sometimes you get charts where one city is clearly showing signs of entering into jubilation and celebration whilst the other is showing defeat, humiliation and loss. Simple as that.

It is very simple, it only works for major matches and it works best in world cup tournaments where the countries involved get very different charts. If the charts are difficult to read or you can't see an obvious winner and loser, fall back on other charts; but if you can I think you can rely on this above any other technique. Let's face it, international football matches are big national events; the whole mood of the nation relies upon whether we win or lose that match, so if there's any logic in astrology then the transit charts should show that.

Now I expect you to tell me that everyone knows this and I shall feel a little embarressed. I just did this when I first predicted a world cup winner and I didn't know what else I could do. It worked then, against everyone's expectations, and on the few occasions when I have stuck my head out its been because the transit charts have been very clear. The beauty is you are not relying on a dubious assignation of favourites - or national charts that depend on whether you consider this time or event, or that time or event most significant - it's just planetary contacts harmonising with the emotions of groups of people as they get picked up by angularity.

Re the next chart - I'm having computer problems today so I can't stick the chart in the forum. I'll hopefully be able to do it later.

16
I should have sent my congrats too. Excellent prediction.
Thanks, Neil :D All this kudos has now sent my ego sky-high of course :wink: A sure indication that my next prediction(s) will bring me crashing down - and quite right too! :lol:
I wouldn't expect you to get it right all the time though - too difficult. Settle for 4/5 ;-)
Haha! I'm not terribly good at keeping records but a year or so ago I did make a note of the predictions/bets I made over a month. 2 out of 7 correct - hmmm. However, I was financially ahead - ?74 laid, ?105 won, so at least I stayed ahead of the bookies!

17
I asked my husband why everyone was hanging flags out of their windows. He said it was so they would have something to snap in half after they've watched a Euro-match. :D


:lol: Nice one!
When I say it's never let me down so far, I mean in the 5 or 6 times I've used it :)
Fair enough.
Look at the transits for the capital city
Ah, so you look at the capital city's rather than the country's chart - interesting.
Let's face it, international football matches are big national events; the whole mood of the nation relies upon whether we win or lose that match, so if there's any logic in astrology then the transit charts should show that.
Very true.
Now I expect you to tell me that everyone knows this and I shall feel a little embarressed.
Not at all. It's just a lot more work :wink: Rather like horseracing. You can look at just the chart for the race, but you can pile on the work by looking at charts of horses, jockeys, trainers, owners etc etc.
The beauty is you are not relying on a dubious assignation of favourites
Yes, and that can be a problem when there isn't a clear-cut favourite. (I use the bookies odds for that btw.) During the World Cup I tried the method of assigning the 1st house to the team that kicked off but it didn't work consistently. Also the Part of Victory (thanks, John F), but that was only useful if it backed up what the chart was already saying. Otherwise it simply caused confusion.
or national charts that depend on whether you consider this time or event, or that time or event most significant
Yes, I tried looking at national charts during the World Cup but some countries have too many charts to choose from!
Re the next chart - I'm having computer problems today so I can't stick the chart in the forum. I'll hopefully be able to do it later.
No probs. We still have plenty of time :)

18
Image
So here's the chart for the England v Switzerland game. Can't say it inspires much of a prediction from me. But after 2 days of fighting with my computer for the second week running I don't think I could read a chart today if it printed out "X will win".

I thought I'd been very careful to back up all my important data ready for this latest crash, but I now realise I didn't back up my chart files in my astrology software program - so that's my latest load of case histories lost :-sk

England v Switzerland

19
Thanks for posting the chart, Deb.
Can't say it inspires much of a prediction from me.
Nor me. In fact I think I'd rather just sit back and enjoy the game without having any prediction in mind. However, I'll run through the process.

England are odds-on favourites so (using that method) Mars for England, Venus for Switzerland. Which is better/worse - a fallen VOC Mars or a peregrine retro Venus applying square debilitated Jupiter? Venus is in Mars' face. Can we take that literally or does it give England the edge? I don't like the look of SN on the Asc. Hmmm, too many mixed messages here.

Moon conjoins Mercury, then Sun. 2 goals? Or will all that stuff in Gemini indicate some kind of "doubling up"? (This can happen sometimes with a lot of Gemini involvement.)

I don't really like this chart at all. Everything except Jupiter all scrunched up in Gemini and Cancer. Feels very claustrophobic to me.

Sorry to hear you lost all that data, Deb. Very frustrating for you :(

20
I don't have time to look at this really and nothing obvious jumps out at me but I'm interested to see how the 8th house focus, old Moon, and Neptune on the IC affects play. I suppose I'm expecting it to be a poor match, maybe a 0-0 draw, with everyone disatisfied at the end.
Don't clap if I'm right or boo if I'm wrong though, normally I would keep my mouth shut on this one and defer my judgement.

21
Yes, I wondered about Neptune on the IC. Not likely to mean a waterlogged pitch, hah! However, they've just said that, since it's so hot out there, bottles of water are being placed all round the sides of the pitch to "keep the players watered" :lol:
I'm expecting it to be a poor match, maybe a 0-0 draw, with everyone disatisfied at the end.
Don't clap if I'm right or boo if I'm wrong though, normally I would keep my mouth shut on this one and defer my judgement.
Well, as you know, I reckon it might be a draw too. I've even put money on it :bl

23
I?d like to say I can see the chart differently now, but I can?t ? can you?
I didn?t have any ?connection? with the game ? actually fell asleep after it just started ? but even so I can?t see how this chart describes a 3-0 victory to England. My husband is showing off because he predicted that result ?using nothing more than common-sense? ? but he says it was a poor match really, with a lot of ?nervy? action.

Can anyone explain how this chart might have been judged differently?

24
Well I was hoping for a draw :-cry

Perhaps the chart explained the type of game rather than the score. Are there any teams that are easier to predict? eg We all know brazil tend to attack so that can be taken into account. If they lose it would be a major upset and therefore in the chart (Couldn't think of any consistantly good euro teams!)

That of course would make england one of the most difficult teams to predict as they usually underachieve.

Or the mood of the country and the effect the result has on it may be another factor - eg no one in England was excited that they won?
Neil
Online Dating::Star Sign Compatibility


"Honesty's the Best Policy" - Miguel de Cervantes