13
Dear Olivia

Thanks very much for your reply. I have just reread my original post and see that it is gobbledegook! Sorry.

I have erected an electional chart for my house move. It has scorpio rising; H4 is aquarius; H2 sagittarius and H5 pisces. Mars will be at 1cp39; saturn at 15li19 and jupiter at 24pi17 on the proposed date.

My question is this: given my concern for H2's remit should I prefer mars (early in his sign of exaltation) or jupiter (in domicile), coming to a conjuction of uranus bringer of the unexpected, as ruler of this house?

I could move the Asc and change the cusp of H2 into scorpio making mars ruler instead of jupiter. My feeling is that jupiter as the major benefic is the one to go for despite the applying conjunction with uranus - what do you think?

Regards

Charlotte

14
Hi Charlotte,

10H for the profit is a traditional approach to horary, The rational is this as far as I understand: 10H shows the price of the property and also if it is too high too low, and how it will change, i.e. if you are buying and L10 is exalted the price might be too high, or if L10 applies to malefics, it will fall. Frawley's method is his own so it is a modern approach to horary not based on the traditional methods. However, I think, if you're as an astrologer feel strongly about a particular house as a symbolic representation for your question, you're likely to intuitvely pick the right interpretation. Even in that regard, 2H from 1H is a bit strange to me ,b/c 4H as your property shows whether it is a good or bad value, and likely future aspects of L4 show the development of this property's value. Why would we use 2H from the 4H (value of the property) when it is more clearly shown by the 4H?

Check here:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h10.html


As far as what to chose Mars in Capricorn versus Jupiter in Pisces. It seems not very favorable to have Mars in the 2H even if exalted. It symbolically indicates that you (the buyer) will have to spend quite a bit of money on that house. Mars in the 2nd always means money comes and goes, having Sun or Mars in the 2nH has not been considered favorable for financial matters, so perhaps you'll invest into make this house very fancy (exalted state of Mars), but it won't indicate the increase of your fortune imo.

Possibly Jupiter in Pisces is better. Could you post the proposed electional chart here, it is harder to follow without seeing it.

15
Hello elumen

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and for being so diplomatic about my shortcomings.

I see now how H4 represents the property's intrinsic value.

Reading again Bonatti's extract which Deb pointed me to I see he makes no mention of H2 - I was concerned with H2 as representing our finances and as this was a major investment I thought it was relevant. I see now the distinction between 'movable and immovable property' and how H2 is not implicated in this election.

I was worried about putting mars ruler of asc and us in H3, where he is impotent, but I have read in the texts that mars causes spending, which clearly is undesirable!

Chart is posted above.

Thanks again!

Charlotte

16
Hi Charlotte

Sorry that this can only be a very quick comment - I just looked at your chart and the two things I would try to avoid is having Neptune on the 4th house cusp, (I have seen this a lot in properties that have problems with damp, or things breaking apart) - and I would avoid having Saturn, traditional ruler of the 4th house, within 5 degrees of the 12th house cusp.

I also think it is probably best if you don't aim to move in in the middle of the night, because presently you have a lot of the planets 'under the earth'. One good thing you can do is to find the best planet in your own birth chart, one that usually connects to good experiences, and bring that planet to prominence in the election - for example place that on the 4th house cusp or on an angle, preferable at a time when the Moon or some other planet gives it a good aspect.

There are lots of variables to consider, so if nothing else, find a good Moon phase :)

Good luck
Deb

17
Hi Deb

Thank you very much for your advice.

I'm clearly way off in thinking that saturn ruler of H4 in its joy would be good! Neptune is driving me crazy....

Should I be going for accidental dignity over essential?

Regards

Charlotte

18
Should I be going for accidental dignity over essential?
It's not a simple matter of vieing them against each other - it might help to keep in mind that the correct reference is 'essential dignity' and 'accidental fortitude', because the former describes the character of the planet and the second shows how strongly it is expressed. The planets that are influential are always those with the most accidental strength(being angular and strong in motion, receiving good aspects or being aligned with important stars, etc). If a planet is essentially dignified but not placed in a position where it can express a positive influence, it won't be helpful to you.

And not all aspects are equal - having the Sun and Moon in good aspect with each other is going to give a good background support to any activity, especially if the Moon is waxing and applying to a good aspect of the Sun - that describes a state of harmony and creativity. My advice for someone new to this is just try to build in something obviously positive like that.