37
Gleaneagles is a magnificent beast and i wouldn't be surprised to see it win tomorrow.

However, using the old tried and tested Addey Method, Saturn is the planet i'm looking at - 5th sexitle Saturn in the 2nd, L4 and L5.

EDIT: Got that bit wrong - 5th trine Mars, L3 L8, Saturn L5,L6.

There's a couple of interesting names here - Ol' Man River, Terriorties and Ivawood. I also fancy and e/w bet on Home of the Brave.

But my nap is Elm Park.
Last edited by ModWasp on Sat May 02, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

38
Looking at Sunday's 1000 Gns, I notice that the Ascendant ruler is Mercury, which is in close opposition to Saturn in the 3rd. It does make me think of Local Time, but I want some more confirmation, especially as she is rather an outsider. More work to do on this race.

40
Addition - below is talking about today's Guinness 2000 (3:45 Newmarket)

My husband isn't around this morning and I'm struggling to understand how to find out odds, (which horses are favourites or no-hopers, etc). On the site you recommended GB, racingpost.com, when I hit the tab "compare odds" it doesn't seem to show me anything - does the order they are listed in show the favourites? Astrologically, I like the look of Territories, but that is the last in the list, and if that number under is the odds, it looks like it has odds of 3132-1 (can't be right, surely?) I've tried looking on other sites but the info is just as confusing to me.

Today is my first chance to do this again, but I may not bet because there are too many horses so I haven't had time to give each chart the attention it deserves. Based on quickly scanning and then eliminating every horse-chart that didn't make notable connections I liked, with something also being angular, the three I had left were:

Gleneagles (for the reasons GB has noted - also it's Venus is trine the culminating Venus on the MC),

Ivawood, (Mars on asc and Sun in aspect and in trine to the culminating Venus: the Moon may making a lunar return and making a grand trine between its Sun and the culiminating Venus too and; but don't know for sure as I'm using a noon chart. As I write this out, I realise I don't like this as much as the Gleneagles chart, because it depends too much on the unreliable natal Moon)

Territories, (Venus is very strong on the MC in the event chart - both at 22 Gemini, and this horse has Venus at 24 Gemini, whilst its natal Jupiter at 21 Taurus is conj. the race Mars at 23 Tau, and that conj is trine the ascendant. Not sure what to make of the fact that its natal Saturn is conj the race Moon, and the horse's Moon (at noon) is conj the race Saturn; but overall I like the fact that there are many connections between the two charts.)

Still pondering - if I place a bet I'll let you know. With regard to Ol Man River and Home of the Brave, Astrogooner, there doesn't seem to be any strong and beneficial connections in their noon charts with the race event. One other I paused over was Ride like the Wind, which might be having a Moon-Jupiter conj, but not if I wasn't born near noon ...

41
My husband isn't around this morning and I'm struggling to understand how to find out odds
- try this site, At The Races http://www.attheraces.com/home/

The 3132-1 is the beast's form. If you can get those odds, you might need a wheelbarrow to collect your winnings. :'

I strongly fancy Elm Park - 5th trine Mars, L3. Saturn (Elm) in 3, L5 (Parks)

What i also find interesting is the
culminating Venus on the MC
- Elm Park is from the HighClare Stable, literally fem. proper name, from French claire, fem. of clair literally "light, bright," from Latin claris "clear, bright, distinct"

And least we forget the trainer's sister Claire Balding!
Last edited by ModWasp on Sat May 02, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

42
:lol: Got it - thanks! (These links are really useful to me, and without GB's earlier explanations I would have forgotten everything this morning.)

Another stupid question, if I wanted to place a small each way bet on all three horses (Gleneagles, Ivawood and Territories), so I am not spending more than about ?10 altogether, is there a way to get extra benefit if all three horses come either 1st, 2nd or 3rd? (I might be prepared to go up to ?12 ...)

43
if I wanted to place a small each way bet on all three horses
A combination tricast is the bet for that - 3 selections to finish in any order, a total of 6 combinations - ?2 ComTri will cost ?12.00.

46
Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained (or lost) there.

According to my husband I've sent him to the bookies with the most ridiculous bet of all time. I kept my budget to ?10 with
?1 tricast for Gleneagles, Territories and Ivawood (cost ?6)
?2 Gleneagles to win
?2 Territories to win

(He says that if the tricast wins he'll stand naked in Burton's shop window with a sign around his neck saying "I'm stupid, and my wife knows that" :))

He must be stupid because all I stand to lose is ?6 which I took out of his wallet anyway.

47
Hilarious!

After the withdrawal of Elm Park (which i'm sure would have won by several kilometres), I'm sticking to my guns and have backed Home of the Brave e/w and Ol' Man River to win.

5th cusp trine Mars, in Saturn's term, applies to inconjunct Libra Moon, in term of Mars and both Mars and the Moon apply to Saturn's antiscia 26?Cap54' in 4th house. Both are impressive and progressive types and would have probably looked at both of them without considering the astrology of the race anyway.

At Lingfield yesterday, Jonny Skull, the oldest horse in the race won the 14:30 - Saturn angular. I've backed the oldest in the 14:30 at Newmarket today - Kingsgate Native - again, Saturn is angular. Should be an interesting experiment.

48
I have placed a bet on Gleneagles for today.

I am now looking at the 1000gns where there is a smaller field and there may be a few withdrawals - I think the rain forecast is going to change the going quite a lot.