133 by kali Nice work. Kali Last edited by kali on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total. Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 am
134 by Mark Its official. Its Brexit!!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36615028 Mark As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:07 am
135 by james_m mark, i have been regularly impressed with your astro skills.. you are an overlooked gem in the astro community! kudos to those others including myself a wee bit (lol) who were either leaning that way, or more firm in their conviction based on the astro... now, it will be interesting to see if it actually happens, or they alter it somehow.. does this mean boris is the man of the hour? or is it nigel farage? i didn't even look at farages chart! cameron resigning..........who said pluto square sun was a good thing? lol.. Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:02 am
136 by Vicki Congratulations Mark for winning your bet and thank you for all your hard work and posts. I have learnt a lot. James alerted me to the Ceres/Eris/Uranus conjunction. I think that turned out to be very important. I have enjoyed this thread very much. Now there is a Conservative party leadership contest, maybe even a Labour party one too and the US election to grapple with ! Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am
137 by Mjacob Mark wrote: I know the atmosphere in this referendum has been unpleasant and people are distrustful of the other side. But blaming the government for the disruption caused by the floods feels like going a tad too far Fleur! I see a legal case brewing against God though.... Mark I see that it stayed dry in the north of the country where the majority voted leave and the floods were around London where people leaned to remain. Brexiteers might say if God is with us then who is against us Matthew Matthew Goulding Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am
138 by pipedreamer The chart for the close of poll was indicative after all; perhaps the lesson is to keep it simple? Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:25 am
139 by pankajdubey All English towns where I had worked voted to leave. David Cameron failed to tell the voters that yours truly had already left British shores 16 years back and there is no need for them to leave now. Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:31 pm
140 by Mark Rocko wrote: Likewise I can't be bothered to respond to most of your points. I actually bothered to respond to your last post point by point. Maybe you should take another look? Rocko wrote: Because as this thread illustrates just endless digging around missing the main issues. Skyscript mundane page is a discussion forum Rocko so people are allowed and indeed encouraged to chip in with any observations they like. That is why this forum exists. But if you look deeper there were several observations here based on solid astrological logic. They might not coincide with your conception of the 'main issues' but that is beside the point. Rocko wrote: I haven't come across the 1927 Chart. Certainly NOT in the many good Astrology books I have. But as Uranus is hit by the Eclipse and that it is close to the cusp of the 4th House that'd have concerned me. This time is actually mentioned but not displayed in Nicholas Campion's Book of World Horoscopes. I first got introduced to this chart in an article in the Irish Astrological Association publication from 2000 by the late Maurice McCann. IMHO it is totally underestimated by the UK astrological community who continue to insist the ''UK chart'' is one that includes the whole of Ireland. Its the chart for modern Britain. Not to say that the 1801 chart isn't still very revealing. Rocko wrote: As I looked thru the charts I kept muttering "it has to be Uranus". A sudden change has to be Uranus related. Thats just a preconception of yours Rocko. Its not supported by hundreds of years of astrological practice working with eclipses without using outer planets at all. You dont need Uranus for an eclipse to be operative. Rocko wrote: But my studies of Eclipses suggest a triggering planet is needed or how else can you time when the potential of the Eclipse is re-activated? An Eclipse lays down potential which is later triggered. I already replied to you on that point. Several things can activate an eclipse. Charles Carter said that they are often activated by Mars or Sun squares to that point. Rocko wrote: PS So well done to those that went for BREXIT. Personally, I doubt the techniques used explained it. A rather churlish response Rocko. Particularly, considering the remarkable stats by astrologers using traditional techniques for this election. Maybe not what you want hear Rocko but facts are facts. Several of us have also got several predictions right. This isn't a one off. Rocko wrote: From my side I couldn't, and still can't find any other Astrological reason for this BREXIT and I had felt that the very strong energies of Jupiter, Node and Pluto would pull us JUST up in time. I think it nearly did. Maybe time to review your approach Rocko? That is what I have done in the past if I get a prediction wrong. We should learn from our mistakes. Rocko wrote: But it was a Judgement Call. It always is! Mark Last edited by Mark on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total. As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:23 pm
141 by Mark Vicki wrote: Congratulations Mark for winning your bet and thank you for all your hard work and posts. I have learnt a lot. Thanks Vicki. Very kind of you. I really enjoyed your contributions here. I am sorry I have not had more time to engage with you more. You have made some fascinating observations. I think we will need to hire you as our fixed stars consultant on the forum! I do hope you stay on board and continue to post here. We badly need some more well informed posters like yourself here. Vicki wrote: James alerted me to the Ceres/Eris/Uranus conjunction. I think that turned out to be very important. Yes it was picked up by a few astrologers. I think the Australian astrologer Jessica Adams was the first to highlight this. I dont feel the need to work with asteroids, centaurs, or the new trans Neptunian bodies. But good luck to those that do. I do have more sympathy with Ceres than the other asteroids or centaurs though as at is an inner solar system body that actually looks like a planet rather than a mutated baked potato! Vicki wrote: I have enjoyed this thread very much. Glad to hear that. Vicki wrote: Now there is a Conservative party leadership contest, maybe even a Labour party one too and the US election to grapple with ! Indeed, we live in interesting times.... I will set up a new thread soon to look at the Conservative party leadership election. Mark As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:45 pm
142 by Mark James_M wrote: i have been regularly impressed with your astro skills.. you are an overlooked gem in the astro community! Gosh James your embarrassing me. It was really nice to get congratulation messages from astrologers both in the UK and from across the world today. And I got an acknowledgement of this from the editor of the UK Astrological Journal so I dont feel exactly ignored. I do need to get a proper blog/website sorted out though as your often ignored these days without that. James_M wrote: kudos to those others including myself a wee bit (lol) who were either leaning that way, or more firm in their conviction based on the astro... now, it will be interesting to see if it actually happens, or they alter it somehow.. Yes you were definitely on the scent with this one too James. Well done! A signicant majority of astrologers who made a prediction got this one right. Which I think is a shot in the arm for astrology in general. And the results by traditional astrologers for this election were quite outstanding. Especially, if you look at where the polls and betting odds were as the polls closed last night. We had the largest turn out for this vote in decades. Much as our politicians might like to ignore this vote they cannot reject a clear democratic mandate like this. Even the EU seem to accept a divorce is now inevitable. James_M wrote: does this mean boris is the man of the hour? or is it nigel farage? i didn't even look at farages chart! Farage was the political cheerleader for this referendum but he is not even an MP. His party have just one MP at present. Boris Johnson is assumed to be the front runner as our next PM but there will be a leadership election with results in the early Autumn. There are other people that might have a chance. Theresa May the Home secretary stayed out of the referendum campaign and therefore made no enemies. Still, Johnson is probably on a roll with the party activists for delivering what many of them wanted for decades. James_M wrote: cameron resigning..........who said pluto square sun was a good thing? lol.. Yes like you I never found that view of Barry Goddard very convincing. To me it just looked like another nail in his coffin with that terrible SR chart, fractious profections and difficult solar arcs. Mark Last edited by Mark on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:08 pm
143 by Mark Pipedreamer wrote: The chart for the close of poll was indicative after all; perhaps the lesson is to keep it simple? Well three modern astrologers worked with this chart. Two concluded a remain vote while the third couldn't decide. So not really a ringing endorsement for the end of poll chart. Its obviously a very useful chart for transits to key natal charts or national charts. It also gives a feel for the general atmosphere. But I remain unconvinced it shows you the winner. I am a strong advocate of opening of poll charts. Astrology traditionally relies on inceptions or beginnings of things whether a birth, organisation or elected event. I relied heavily on a traditional approach to the opening of poll chart as a contest chart with the challenger assigned the ASC and the defender the DESC. To me the testimony in that chart strongly revealed a Brexit vote. You can check out my very detailed analysis earlier in this thread. Tania Daniels also worked with this chart using hellenistic astrology and also made a correct prediction. Its true the modern astrologer Adrian Ross Duncan did use the opening of poll chart and concluded a remain vote. But rather than treating the chart like a contest chart he delineated the houses like an ingress or national chart. Hence he interpreted the 7th house as representing the EU while Tania and I gave it to the Leave campaign. Its possible some political bias influenced Ross Duncan's judgement as he ended his article in the Mountain Astrologer with a plea for all his voters to vote remain in the referendum! I accept we all have our political preconceptions but I think its bad to let them come into our astrological analysis. Mark. As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 pm
144 by james_m thanks mark, you put a lot of work into all this and deserve the kudos! a couple of things, it wasn't that i pointed out the eris/ceres/uranus conjunction to vicki, but that i discussed borin johnsons relocated chart where this combo lands on his relocated midheaven in the 2016 solar return... that was an ingredient i don't recall anyone else discussing, but you might not be the only one to not read ALL of my posts and commentary!! it wasn't just barry goddard, it was also liz hathaway and a few others - marjorie orr and some others i can't recall) that had a completely different read on t pluto square camerons natal sun then myself and you.. lets face it - i use this data too and am not a dyed in the wool trad astrologer with my Tweedledum jacket on apparently lol.. ps - i sent you and a few othes on skyscript pm's but some folks never read these, it seems - kinda like my posts! Quote Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:44 am