Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:52 pm
Your OP contains the following information:Therese Hamilton wrote:Petosirsis, did you take the time to read the article on the link I posted?
And to stay on topic we're trying to discover the origin date of the assignment of the modern fire, earth, air and water to signs in the tropical zodiac. But if you're specializing primarily in Hellenistic astrology, then you wouldn't have that information.
I was discussing that part. I am confused whether you are trying to trace the inclusion of the qualities in 20th century Indian astrology or medieval western astrology. I was offering my opinion on these qualities that differ from your opinion that they are working with the sidereal zodiac.Even Kenneth Bowser in his Introduction of Western Sidereal Astrology (American Federation of Astrologers, 2012) mentions the elements in relation to zodiac signs. (Some Fagan school sidereal astrologers reject the association of elements with signs.) As I’ve written elsewhere, we get a more accurate picture of the sidereal zodiac if we forsake that are called tropical elemental properties and instead assign Aristotle’s four qualities (hot, cold wet and dry) as well as Hellenistic triplicity lords to signs of the zodiac.
http://users.snowcrest.net/sunrise/aatr ... es2013.htm
The inclusion of the element properties depends on the elements, just changing their names means you are still led by elemental logic. But you are of the opinion that the tropical zodiac has empirical validity and the sidereal zodiac changes with it, but not many would agree with that statement. The two might be related.
Scorpio is not a wet sign. Moisture is indicative of the element water. Scorpio is a terrestrial creature as Aries and ruled by burning and drying Mars. Scorpions can't swim and in the environment the ancient astrologers were living, they are mostly encountered in extreme dry desert conditions.