158
A clear win for the Addey method in the 15.15 at York today. Campanus 5th trine Sun in Taurus - winner Golden Horn
The symbolism of astrology at it's very best - poetry in motion! (at a steady pace, of course!).

:' :' :' :' :'
Verum e

159
Non-runners can change the complexion of the race.
From an Eclipse perspective many things may change:
  • the Scale,
    the nearest selection(s), and
    the number of paying places (eachway rules) which I use to determine whether I have too many selections for a race.
Yesterday's Newmarket 17:15 Freddie Freeloader is a case in point.
There FF himself was the non-runner.
This made Ocean Eleven the sole selection and which came 3rd at 25/1 and 6.12 for the Betfair place.

161
skyrack wrote:Yesterday was a good day for the Eclipse method.
Image
Well done, skyrack!

Is 9-6 (Jimmy Styles) today's Eclipse Method, Newbury 14:55 selection?
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

162
I have Jimmy Styles carrying 9-7 not 9-6.
But yes, the Indicated horse.

Did you do the calculations by hand?
If so, how long approximately does it take you to analyse 1 race?

Good Luck

163
skyrack wrote:Yesterday was a good day for the Eclipse method.
I think I must be doing something wrong in the calculations. It would be very helpful if you could post an example of the calculations for one of the wins so that I could see what I am doing wrong. :)

164
skyrack wrote:I have Jimmy Styles carrying 9-7 not 9-6.
But yes, the Indicated horse.

Did you do the calculations by hand?
If so, how long approximately does it take you to analyse 1 race?

Good Luck
No, I built an excel spreadsheet to calculate it all out. The race took about 5 mins.

The indicated weight was closest to 9-6 and Jimmy Styles is the closest weight at 9-7.

What is really confusing me is when to use Direct or Converse ? my brain is melting!
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

165
Saturnhead wrote:What is really confusing me is when to use Direct or Converse ? my brain is melting!
I know the feeling! See below...
GB wrote:I think I must be doing something wrong in the calculations. It would be very helpful if you could post an example of the calculations for one of the wins so that I could see what I am doing wrong. Smile<
Well you may not be doing anything wrong.
And it looks like I may have to put recent results down to the Cornelius effect!
Or alternatively stumbled upon an "improvement" to Sepharial's method.

I have been automating the method so I can just input a date and meeting and get the Eclipse selections for that day's meeting.

One of the key pieces of that automation is Jo?o's flatlib which I have installed and is a real boon if you can do any coding.

Saturnhead's question about Jimmy Styles allowed to me to spot a bug in my routine (not Jo?o's) where I calculate the Measure.
In some cases this bug caused the Direct and Converse to flip as it were.
I am now fixing that.
When I looked at the Newbury race, the bug (or Cornelius) gave me the Englishman, but Jimmy Styles is the correct indication.

Having said that my implementation of the method may result in different results to your implementation.
I think we agree on the major assumptions that I have made, but one thing I do not do that Sepharial said to do is round to the nearest degree.
7.5 + 7.5 for me is 15.
If both those numbers are rounded the result is 16.

Is there any race in particular you would like me to give a detailed calculation for?

BTW for the Newbury race Addey's 5th next aspect I make the Square from the Moon in Aries.
Does that say "Englishman"?

166
skyrack wrote: BTW for the Newbury race Addey's 5th next aspect I make the Square from the Moon in Aries.
Does that say "Englishman"?
Well, that's the challenge of the Addey Method - do we go for Fast Track (Mars) or Clear Spring (Moon)?

Once GB selects a race for you to show the calculations, will that tell me when to use Direct or Converse?

Sorry, I'm rubbish at maths!
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

167
Saturnhead wrote: Once GB selects a race for you to show the calculations, will that tell me when to use Direct or Converse?
Yes. I will cover what Sepharial has to say about that and what assumptions I have made on that score in my implementation.

168
skyrack wrote:Is there any race in particular you would like me to give a detailed calculation for?
How about today, the 16.30 at Newbury? (Don't worry about posting before the race, the method is the important thing).
BTW for the Newbury race Addey's 5th next aspect I make the Square from the Moon in Aries.
Does that say "Englishman"?
I think the Moon in Aries and separating from Uranus would indicate "Clear Spring"