37 by Pisces_girl I would vote for chart number 1. North node + Moon (Asc. ruler) + Mercury in the 5th points to a lot of creativity. Quote Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 pm
38 by Tom Deb, I wasn't sure how long I would run this, but I've been traveling all day by car and had a lot of time to think. And what I thought of was a new way to torture everyone without a lot of effort on my part So here goes: As we noted one of the charts is that of a musician. Here are the other two: one chart is that of a Roman Catholic Cardinal and the remaining chart is that of a famous American football player. Can we figure out who is whom by process of elimination? Heh. Does this help? Tom Quote Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 pm
39 by Mark Before the shutters come down I just want to affirm I am going with my initial choice -Chart 1. Main reasons: -ASC ruler (Moon) in 5th -Mercury in 5th house -NN in 5th house -Sect light (Moon) in 5th -Sect Light (Moon) on NN -Sect Light/ASC ruler (Moon) in bounds (Egyptian) of Venus -Sect light/Mercury in angular relationship to Lot of Fortune -Venus strongly in sect-in night chart, above horizon, in feminine sign -Venus occidental to sun -Venus in an angular house -Venus aspecting MC -Venus exaltation ruler of MC -Venus quadrant Lord 5 -Venus aspecting Mercury in 5th -Venus trine Saturn ( conjunct MC ruler Jupiter) -Whole sign Lord 5 (Mars) in bounds of Venus (Egyptian) Chart 1 & 3 are an interesting contrast between a Venus in essential dignity (rulership) in Chart 3 and a good house (11th). However, on the basis of sect this is not such an effective Venus. Chart 1 has a a peregrine Venus but it is strongly in sect and in a good solar phase relationship to Sun. Venus is also angular in chart 1 so logically more powerful in its expression. I also think the fact the ASC ruler/Sect light (Moon) is in the bounds of Venus is important. The domicile and triplicity Lord of the Moon (Mars) is in the 8th house while the bound lord Venus is angular and stronger for the reasons cited above. Mark Last edited by Mark on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total. As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 pm
40 by Tom You guys are gonna hate me, but I'm traveling, I won't be home until, Thursday night, and I don't have the birth data with me. I know which chart belongs to whom, but if I can't find it online, we'll have to wait for birth data. So if I reveal tomorrow, and I think I will, I may not have everything you need until I get back home. Sorry Quote Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:27 pm
41 by Yuriy Ok, using Ptolemi's methods of profession's definition, the following citation from Tetrabiblos could be applied: "Further, should it happen that two arbiters of employment may be found together, and provided they should be Mercury and Venus, they will then produce musicians, melodists, and persons engaged in music, poetry, and songs: they will also produce (especially if changed in their places) 1, mimics, actors, dealers in slaves, makers of musical instruments, choristers and musical performers, dancers, weavers, modellers in wax, and painters. And if Saturn join testimony with Mercury and Venus, the preparation and sale of female ornaments will be added to the aforesaid occupations. But, if Jupiter give testimony, the persons will become administrators of justice, guardians of public affairs, instructors of youth, and magistrates of the people." So, Mercury-Venus are professional significators. From Ptolemi again, planets related to MS as well as first rising planet before Sun are related to profession of native. 1st chart. Jupiter ruling MC and Venus culminates there. Mercury rising before Sun - prof. indicator and in close trine to MC. Venus is angular in square to MC, ruled by Saturn. In addition to that Jupiter and Saturn ruled by Mercury. Also N.Node in 5th is additional testimony for artistic field. 2nd chart. Mars ruling MC in own sign in 4th and rising before Sun, Sun culminates at MC, sits in 5th house and Mercury-Venus combusted by Sun. They all don't have much dignity in Sagittarius. But Mercury-Venus in close trine to MC have reception by being in Jupiter's sign while Jupiter ruling MC triplicity in nocturnal chart. 3rd chart Mercury ruling MC and Venus is triplicity ruler in diurnal chart, also Jupiter rising before Sun is prof. indicator. Venus is essentially strong in Libra and Mercury ruled by Venus, and both conjuncted to Mars - 5th house ruler. Strong testimonies, but I don't like that Venus-Mercury have no aspect to MC (next sign). So, I was considering chart 1 and 3, chart 2 has too strong Mars prof. significator. And finally I think more testimonies for chart #1. Chart #3 has more essential dignities for Venus but its not aspecting MC. Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 am
42 by Deb Chart 2 looks most like the chart of a famous footballer to me. That's the one with the most powerful Mars (ruling MC, in dignity, trine Jupiter which squares the MC). It also fits with the 5th house link to public performers. I imagine the famous footballer would be the wealthiest of the three - not sure what to make of that with Mercury in detriment combust the Sun. On the other hand it is conjunct Venus and trine the NN on the 2nd cusp. Chart 3 has the Moon in the 9th and ruling 9th cusp, with Sun ruling most of 9th house and in aspect to MC. So I'll give that one to the priest (my time is short so my reasoning is simple ) Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:52 am
43 by Deb Tom, Jill Elinore wants you to leave the answer until at least tomorrow night, to give her chance to participate. So why don't you give a date in a few days, with at least 24 hours notice of when this will close? Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 am
45 by Nixx Looking at it simply, on the surface at least, I?ll plump for 1- Pianist 2- Footballer 3- Priest 1-Pianist as : Water (Music) dominant, Sun in 6th ?practice, Mercury in 5th using fingers for personal (subjective) pleasure, Pisces (Music) MC - Vocation or Career? 2 ? Footballer as :Fire (Activity), Leo Rising (Courage), Moon in 6th - more receptive or habituated to the daily grind of training, Saturn in the 11th could be a good team player? 3 ? Luminaries in the ?belief? houses. Mercury in the 11th - preaching to the masses. Jupiter conjunct Sun? Strange for me looking at a chart without the Outers, although these generational objects may not shed any light on this conundrum. Ordinarily for Music and Religion I would alos look at Neptune for clues or lack of. Chart 2 has a readymade narrative for religion and conservatism, and no strong urge for objective evidence with the luminaries in the 2nd quadrant. Chart 1 also has this Sag Sun in the 6th which is a reasonable script for a Theologian I suppose. Can chart 3 be the footballer? Well, it?s a fixed psyche and this can give a fair bit of determination if not competitiveness. Moon in Leo needs to be noticed, but the Sun in the 12th isn?t an obvious sportsman. (Hopefully these charts are erected in Placidus ?). Chart 3 also has this Mer-Mars conjunction which may give the fingers a bit of energy. So Hmmm. Anyway I?ll stick to the original guess and risk 3 dollars on it. Be interesting to find out who is the Pianist involved here. As was kind of mentioned earlier there is a big difference between the likes of Liberace, Keith Tippett, and Little Richard so one would assume little in common on their charts, or maybe not ? Reading posts here over the years I?m sure one or more ?traditionalists? have taken the view Venus is, or was, the planet to look at for music so it will be interesting to see if this proves to have been a fundamental semantic symbol with this challenge. Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:01 am
46 by varuna2 delete Last edited by varuna2 on Sat May 04, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total. Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 am
47 by pankajdubey Look at libra - Spica. I hope the priest is not an Organist and the footballer not a reformed priest. PD Last edited by pankajdubey on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total. Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 am
48 by varuna2 delete Last edited by varuna2 on Sat May 04, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total. Quote Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 am