Page 6 of 6

Re: Do we have free will?

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2025 7:15 am
by stargeezer
xeno wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2025 3:33 am Just do it yourself as you see fit.
Choose something completely unrelated to you – that will be your personal proof of free will.
Ever done any free association, as in psychoanalysis? (I'm dating myself here. :-)) It's impossible to come up with anything that's "completely unrelated to you."

I don't believe the free will thing is provable one way or the other. It will have to remain a matter of opinion, or belief. I don't care what you believe about it, as long as you admit that's what it is. The things you've claimed are proofs are not proofs.

--stargeezer

Re: Do we have free will?

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2025 2:22 pm
by Fidibus
Reality = chance + necessity

Friedrich Schiller

Re: Do we have free will?

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2025 3:41 pm
by Fidibus
Who' s will orders our fate?