Am I attractive to the majority of men?

1
A girlfriend of mine is anxious about her looks and asked me to find out how physically attractive she really is to the majority of men. She suffered a nasty breakup, hence a terrible blow to her confidence, some time ago.

https://i.imgur.com/4JXf7rC.png

The moon applies to a partile opposition with Lord 7 Venus from the sign of Venus' exaltation. Opposition to me signifies attraction especially when there is reception and the orb is small.

EDIT to add: Meanwhile, Venus is exactly conjunct Moon's Antiscion, and vice versa. William Lilly considers this a smooth relationship like trine or sextile and there is sympathy between the planets involved.

Lord 1 Mars is dignified by house. Meanwhile Venus, which I believe is important in such questions, is the same.

Sun, a general significator of men in the 7th house, has mutual reception with Lord 1 Mars, by exaltation and by house.

As a matter of fact, she is pretty. Youthful big eyes. Honey-toned smooth skin. Attractive figure, bit on the slim side.

The chart shows how much she really doesn't believe in herself. She gets compliments from time to time, especially from men, but the House 12 Moon & House 6 Venus are both saying she doesn't think these guys are sincere.

Mars is retrograde. She is constantly changing her mind about herself.

Jupiter is in 10th, her house for public recognition, and is in fall. I think this is my friend's disbelief in the recognition she got. The Sun-Mercury in 7th prob says the same. For some reason, she can't take others' sincere appreciation as it is.

I'd appreciate your insights on a couple of placements:

(1) Three planets are either at 29 or 0 degrees. Is she considering a major makeover or something? I hope to God not. How do you read this?

(2) L1 Mars is not making any aspect. Does this mean she won't get her confidence back in a while?

The chart doesn't agree with the Hour Lord, Jupiter (though Jupiter is night lord of the triplicity). I consider it worthy of a read though, because this matter has been weighing on her mind for months. I wonder how I may help her get out of this anxiety.

Cheers,
Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:50 am, edited 6 times in total.

2
The Moon is with Scheat in the 12th house. She seems like someone who is dealing with a lot of pain and is not able to view this matter objectively and probably would not find help in it either way. She would probably benefit from therapy. Moon with Scheat can suggest criticism from friends leading to trouble also so I would be careful with your reading or possibly ask to not move forward with it.

Regarding the Sun as the man, we would not normally compare that to the querent, we would look at Venus. Venus in Libra (just now entered) would fit the description you made of you friend - youthful and pretty and attractive to men. However, Venus is oriental the Sun, which is where we would say Venus is the one doing all of the work. This is where Deb would say Venus is surrendering to the Sun rather than being the one pursued. In that sense I can see this interpreted as a woman not feeling attractive even when they are. I would think this is a complicated issue though and doesn't just deal with her physical attributes. If men are not chasing her even though she is attractive, maybe there are other issues - a negative outlook/personality, etc. Here we see Mars separating from a square to Jupiter/Saturn. Again, Mars-Jupiter squares can indicate physically attractive qualities, but Jupiter is under the reigns of Saturn and Saturn is afflicting Mars. Pluto is in the mix. My guess is she struggling with her power (Mars-Pluto) and is self critical (Mars-Saturn) but she has innate qualities that others admire (Mars-Jupiter). Perhaps with more time and work on her psychological state she might be able to break her negative patterns. I would look more at her natal chart though to get a better idea of what is going on.

I am sorry her ex has done such a number on her. Normally when the Moon is afflicted like this in the 12th we would imagine the querent is in great despair. If I had a friend with a significator like this I would really recommend they seek psychiatric counseling. They could even be in danger due to depression. Notice too that the Moon is opp Venus - this could suggest some self loathing even given the condition of the Moon. Scheat is a malevolent fixed star attributed to "weeping sisters" and can be associated with suicide. I know these things can be exaggerated but sometimes horaries can also be quite specific. I don't think I have ever even seen such a tight conjunction with Scheat. It is 29'22" and the Moon here is 29'21 Pisces.

Here is a link where Deb comments on the Venus-Sun dance (skip the other stuff and go to Deb's comment):
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5023

3
Hello Amelia,
I think you and Tanit have well described what is happening to your girlfriend.
Something else struck my mind when I looked at the chart. ** Mercury **
Obviously, she is pretty. So it seems to be her mind that needs to be taken care of.
MercuryR at 29 degrees under sunbeams in Via Combusta in the 7th House describes well the emotional blow and the dramatic change she is going through
Mercury's Oriental mental and analytical activities may get in the way and need quieting with the help of relaxation, contemplation and meditation.
29 degree also means she is at the end or her rope, tired and has learned all she can learn by herself and expresses everything with great intensity.
This Mercury is also in Mutual Reception by Bound with MarsL1.
And it will turn Direct November 4th.

Suggestion: Breathing, Yoga, Walking, meditation, Diet, Aromatheraphy and if she considers psychological support, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) seems to be the best therapy for anxiety.

Best wishes,
Ouranos
Blessings!

4
Yes, my friend is a bad way, and I'm amazed you both picked that up and described it so well. She tends to be harsh on herself (especially looks) and self-loathing. She is powerless, has learned all she could by herself, etc. She didn't mention suicidal thoughts but - I'm not even surprised reading you. I will keep an eye on her.

The ex was cruel when they broke up. I will take Tanit's advice and proceed with great caution. Thank you for the therapy options, Ouranos. I will pass them on subtly and see how she responds.

Tanit mentioned how we are supposed to read Sun and Venus as general significators. This approach looks very logical to me. I actually dug up the old reference and read Deb's comments myself some time ago. I totally forgot - felt so sorry for my friend and panicked - thank you so for bringing it up.

But incidentally, in one of the Skyscript love charts, Miss Deb discussed a Venus-L7 placement:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/leave_husband.html
His lover is signified by the 7th house ruler, Sun, and Venus, general significator for women. ...An argument that the relationship will continue is the application from Venus to Saturn [Lord 1, noted Amelia] by square. ...
Deb went on to comment that given bad planetary conditions a hard aspect like this at best promises lots of obstacles. But there, I think Deb was probably just discussing a possible reading of the placement, among her other observations. The traditional approach as Tanit and Deb described still is much better rooted.
Last edited by AmeliaS on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

6
Yes, Tanit. Some would say that qualifies her as a co-sig though Deb seems to include her on the basis that Venus is a general sig.

And so here I think Sun might qualify as a co-sig too in the 7th house.

Update: talked to my friend for an hour. The upshot is that she's just realising how gravely the trauma is still affecting her and loathing her own looks could just be a symptom. She will seek professional help (most likely psychiatric counselling as Tanit suggested). Thank you so much for weighing in. You have been wonderful help.

And horary is amazing, always pointing to the true struggle, the heart of the matter, instead of just answering the question.
Last edited by AmeliaS on Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

7
Ouranos, about the Mercury you described: my friend knows a lot about beauty, golden ratio, skin care, and so on. Not sure it did her any good but you were spot on. She has been out and about to learn everything she could learn about beauty.

8
Thank you Amelia,
Mercury's condition being in the same bound as MarsL1 shows this masterful and intensity search but as you mention, not sure it will be helpful for what she is going through. The sunbeams, Retrograde, 29 degree, Via Combusta is telling me that she cannot think clearly about this relationship and she needs to take care of her mind.

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!