What is Uranian Astrology ? 1 by Ouranos I asked this question below to the new Bing search engine and Edge browser powered by Artificial Intelligence. Here is what the search engine answered. What is Uranian astrology? Uranian astrology is a system of astrology that was developed in the early 20th century by Alfred Witte and his colleagues in Germany. It is also known as the Hamburg School of Astrology or the Uranian System of Astrology1. Uranian astrology uses some of the traditional astrological principles, but also introduces some innovative concepts and techniques, such as: [*] The use of eight hypothetical planets or points, called transneptunians, that are not based on physical objects but on mathematical calculations. These are Cupido, Hades, Zeus, Kronos, Apollon, Admetos, Vulcanus, and Poseidon (1) (2). They are said to represent higher dimensions of consciousness and energy, and to have specific meanings and influences in the horoscope (2). [*] The use of midpoints, which are the points halfway between two planets or points on the zodiac. Midpoints are considered to be sensitive and powerful points that show the interaction and integration of the energies of the two planets or points involved (1) (3). Uranian astrology uses a 90-degree dial or a 360-degree dial to display and analyze the midpoints and their aspects (3) (4). [*] The use of planetary pictures, which are combinations of three or more planets or points that form a symmetrical pattern around a common axis. Planetary pictures are used to interpret the horoscope and to make predictions, as they show the dynamics and themes of the person’s life (1) (3). The use of the first point of Aries, which is the point where the Sun crosses the celestial equator at the spring equinox. This point is considered to be the starting point of the zodiac and the reference point for all calculations and interpretations in Uranian astrology (1) (3). [*] The use of a special house system, which divides the zodiac into 12 equal houses, starting from 0 degrees Libra as the ascendant and 0 degrees Cancer as the midheaven. This house system is based on the idea that the cardinal points of the zodiac are the most important and that the houses should reflect the natural order of the seasons (1) (3). Uranian astrology is a complex and sophisticated system that requires a lot of study and practice to master. It is not widely used or accepted by mainstream astrologers, but it has a loyal following among some astrologers and enthusiasts who appreciate its precision, depth, and innovation. Uranian astrology is also compatible with other systems of astrology, as it can be used to supplement and enhance the traditional methods (1) (2). Learn more: 1. astro.com 2. theuranianastrologer.com 3. en.wikipedia.org 4. astrosoftware.com 5. encyclopedia.com -------------------------------------- Not bad Bing Bing! Honest by including references as well. Next step will be to search in a database of charts (calculations and interpretations welcomed!). And why not, give me an interpretation à la Lilly! Oh! you say that you can replicate the voice of Lilly as well. Thank you! Please upgrade the fees of Lilly, after all, we are in 2023. Can you organize a meeting between Lilly and Ptolemy for next weekend. Astrologers in Forums have an issue about the Part of Distress. You know that it is a spreading disease among astrologers. Why not come over for lunch. I cook the best artificially intelligent Oreos. One smart cookie for you! So long... Ouranos Blessings! Quote Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:20 am
Re: What is Uranian Astrology ? 2 by Wei Hi Ouranos, Thank you for sharing! TransNeptunian Planets are not a problem for me! Because we cannot clearly explain why Mercury represents intelligence, Venus is associated with love, and Mars is linked to war,etc. What we need is a systematic and predictable system to observe the unknown and irregular future and reflect on the past. TransNeptunian Planets, due to their lengthy cycles, evoke a sense in one's natal chart of the influence brought forth by the passage of eras? I would like to know, what astrology software do you use to draw the midpoint chart for TransNeptunian planets? Do you have any recommended resources or websites for learning Uranian Astrology? I found this website that provides some reference books. Thank you. https://witte-verlag.com/international- ... glish.html Quote Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:09 pm
Re: What is Uranian Astrology ? 3 by Wei Hi Ouranos, I don't have software or website for finding the midpoint in TNPs, so I use formulas in Numbers (MacBook) to calculate the midpoint in TNPs on my own. I discovered that ME/AD=UR/AP in my natal chart. This is why I enjoy delving into the study (ME) of astrology! To unearth the roots (AD) of astrology (UR/AP) from the ground (AD). Alternatively, I wish to comprehend the fundamental reasons behind events through astrology. I don't know if I'll ever unearth the roots of astrology in my lifetime. I don't want to pressure myself too much; I accept the arrangement of destiny. I've recently developed some intuitive understanding regarding the meanings of TNPs, although I haven't had the opportunity to validate them with actual cases. I'd like to write about it and discuss and share it with you (or anyone interested). Thank you ! Wei Quote Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:24 am
Re: What is Uranian Astrology ? 4 by AquaStelLea Wei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:09 pm I would like to know, what astrology software do you use to draw the midpoint chart for TransNeptunian planets? Do you have any recommended resources or websites for learning Uranian Astrology? I found this website that provides some reference books. Thank you. Hi Wei, I started learning Uranian Astrology when a very kind person from New Zealand offered a free online course in what he called "symmetrical Astrology". His website offers a lot of educational material and a long list of resources. https://junojuno2.tripod.com/ Other online sources are: https://uraniansociety.com/ https://uranianastrologyschool.com/ http://capecodastrologer.com/articles-p ... astrology/ http://theuranianastrologer.com/new-blo ... free+chart The recommended book for the beginner: The Dial detective https://www.amazon.com/Dial-Detective-I ... 1934976660 Essential books for interpretations: For Cosmobiology: The Combination of Stellar influences - by Reinhold Ebertin, as a well as a few other books by the same author. For Uranian Astrology: Rules for Planetary pictures -The Astrology of Tomorrow - by Ludwig Rudolph Software: 1. The free program Astrolog that can be downloaded. It includes the option of adding TNPs to the chart and listing midpoints. 2. Uranian Astro Lite : Astrology https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nastrolite Commercial software: 1. Janus https://www.astrology-house.com/ 2. NOVA chartwheels https://www.alabe.com/novacw.html 3. Uranian Astro https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... anianastro Quote Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:40 pm
Re: What is Uranian Astrology ? 5 by Ouranos Thanks for the information and resources AquaStelLea! Yes I think Juno is a good reference site to start up with. And just linking to the resources from this site https://junojuno2.tripod.com/res.htm Another one I like to get an idea of the midpoints with examples is https://midpointobservatory.blogspot.com/ Faith McInerney Cheers! Ouranos Blessings! Quote Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 pm