Will the Company call me? 1 by SunMachine Hi folks, Another job horary! Hopefully, you guys are not totally fed up with them? Background: I work as a free lancer proofreader and translator for publishers. I've had a steady income for the past three years, publishers wouldn't stop sending me work. However, things seem to be shrinking this year, and only one publisher still sends me books on a regular basis. It's enough to keep me afloat, but I don't want to depend on only one. I sent my resume a couple of weeks ago to a very large publishing company, for which I've never worked before. I think my resume looks good, with a nice amount of books translated and proofread. To increase my chances, I chose the moment to send the resume using my (very amateuristic) electional skills. If anyone is interested, I might give you a link to the electional chart too. So, will the Company call me to work? Okay, here is the chart (Question asked in Cabo Frio, Brazil, 21 august 2009, 1:57 am): http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/pi ... tureid=458 I'm Mercury, in his house and sign, looking good, but opposed to midheaven. Mercury is (barely) on the cusp of 4th. I work at home, if it makes any difference in this reading. Job is Mars, strong too, in his house and angular, and, best of all, ruled by me!!! HHHHAH! And I rule Fortuna too, and Saturn and Moon, I RuLeZ! Jokes aside, the job is in my first, is it landing on my lap? Too optimistic for a square? Okay, Mercury is about to perfect the square to Mars. Does this look like I'll hear from them? This aspect is Mercury's next aspect, so I'm kinda confident, altho a square demands caution. The job being shown by Aries in midheaven and Mars in Gemini is a bit intriguing, considering the non-martial nature of the work, publishing and translating. Moon is not only in Merc's sign, but also in Merc's house, nice. Good that Moon already got rid of her conjunction with the Sun, but, to my dismay, she will go through a long voidish time without making any aspect to anyone, and her next aspect is Saturn... yuck. Saturn seems important since he's conjunct mercury and in merc's sign. Saturn rules the 9th and the 8th, I think he might be representing the publishing company I contacted and their money resources. Mercury is separating from them, it seems I at least made myself noticed. Moon is gonna conjunct Saturn, and then she'll sextile Venus, and only then she'll touch mercury. I see this whole lunar movement as a long period of waiting, delays, and impediment. Since Mercury is strong and aspects the job, I think I might be contacted to do a test eventually, but maybe it'll take a very long while till they finally call me. I read Sun as the communication itself between me and the employers, since he rules 3rd house, he is in the cusp and in his own sign, so I think the communication was strong. Sun separates from a sextile to Mars, communication was positive, I guess... Maybe he is my resume? I'm not sure which cusp represents my resume, 2nd or 3rd? What else? Jupiter is being his ugly self lately, retro in Aqua. Anyways, He rules 7th house and is (barely) touching the cusp of 9th, I'm wondering if he shows possible competitors? He trines Mars, but there's a wide separating orb, he's retro, he is in the 8th.... If he is my competitors, then I have to say that they might be strong, but right now they look bad. Since he is ruled by Saturn and is in one of the houses governed by Saturn, I'm reading this as others who already work for the company, maybe on a steady basis. Jupiter rules Pisces, which is intercepted in the 9th, another indication that they are "in" the company... Mercury looks a lot fresher then Jup, I must say, so I'm taking that I stand a chance. Mars, Sun and Mercury are in late degrees, so it seems the whole scenario might change, there might be certain shifts in the situation. The second house is intriguing me. It shows my resources and has Venus there...... Dunno what to make of it. Last but not least, Mercury will trine North node. Hope this means something good. Okay, that's it. Thanks for reading this and a big thank you in advance to all the contributions. PS1.: In Regiomontanus the positions remain the same, houses and cusps. PS2.: Can anyone tell me why I can't post the image directly to the thread?? I put the image address here, select it, click on the IMG button, but the image is never visible, so I have to make it a link... :-( Last edited by SunMachine on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total. Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:04 am
2 by AquaStella Hi, As far as I understand, Saturn L9 as the publisher is in Mercury's (querent) sign of exaltation and domicle, just separated from Mercury in the 3rd house (sent application). Mars L10 of the desired job is in the 1st, in Mercury's domicile, too. It seems like the job is yours if you want it. Mercury is about to conjoin Mc's antiscia, too. But, there is a problem, as : 1. Mercury is separating from Saturn. 2. Mercury applies square to Mars that will only perfect after Mars crosses into Cancer, its fall, and Mercury crosses into Libra, Mars' detriment (denial by evasion). An approaching change of circumstances would possibly make you change your mind about this job, as it will no longer look such a good idea. Mars also rules the publisher's house of resources (2nd from 9th) , and it about to go into its fall, so publisher's resources fall considerably. Mercury in Libra, Mars' detriment, could suffer damages from this job, although Libra is also Saturn's exaltation. Good luck ! Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 am
3 by johannes susato As the significators of the Ascendant and the 10th perfect a square I would agree with you, SunMachine, that you will work for this company because your doubts as to the negative quality of the square aspect are groundless in my opinion: The singnificators are in mutual reception and in really proper houses too (first and very near to the fourth) and both are in their own dignities. Johannes Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:07 am
4 by AquaStella As the significators of the Ascendant and the 10th perfect a square I would agree with you, SunMachine, that you will work for this company The significators will not perfect the square in the common signs they are in, in the chart. The square will be perfected shortly after they both cross into the next cardinal signs. This is called "denial of perfection" due to "evasion". In this case it is Mars L10 which evades Mercury L1, so there is actually a form of prohibition. Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:15 am
5 by pankajdubey AquaStella wrote:As the significators of the Ascendant and the 10th perfect a square I would agree with you, SunMachine, that you will work for this company The significators will not perfect the square in the common signs they are in, in the chart. The square will be perfected shortly after they both cross into the next cardinal signs. This is called "denial of perfection" due to "evasion". In this case it is Mars L10 which evades Mercury L1, so there is actually a form of prohibition. Well spotted ! In another of my horaries I was wondering what this mercury square was all about. I consoled myself that there was atleast reception by terms only to realize that Mars moves into cancer before mercury catches up- so the square was evaded I tried even harder to confuse myself- the square actually takes place in signs of long ascension - so it is not that bad and just to add a little bit more- Mercury and mars will have three contacts- applying square then a retrograde applying square and to a applying sextile to finish it off but Mars will be in its fall and mercury in Mars' detriment. This should be a good horary to keep track of PD re: PS2 original question- form member Goca has worked it out- http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3538 Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:56 pm
6 by johannes susato pankajdubey wrote:AquaStella wrote:As the significators of the Ascendant and the 10th perfect a square I would agree with you, SunMachine, that you will work for this company The significators will not perfect the square in the common signs they are in, in the chart. The square will be perfected shortly after they both cross into the next cardinal signs. This is called "denial of perfection" due to "evasion". In this case it is Mars L10 which evades Mercury L1, so there is actually a form of prohibition. Well spotted ! I tried even harder to confuse myself- the square actually takes place in signs of long ascension - so it is not that bad and just to add a little bit more- Mercury and mars will have three contacts- applying square then a retrograde applying square and to a applying sextile to finish it off but Mars will be in its fall and mercury in Mars' detriment. Yes, you are right, AquaStella, there is NO square as long the significators are in the sign. Would you please give a quotation for that sort of 'prohibition'? It's probably a certain parallel to definitions of void of course. So I can't find a prohibition like this mentioned by Ibn Ezra (he knows no application beyond the sign border this being the end) and by Dariot and Lilly either (they accept applications beyond the sign border). Probably Ibn Erzra would deny, Dariot and Lilly would accept this square.(?) Pankajdubey, this is one of the miracles in astrology for me: a square is 'like' a trigone. Can you help me by a quotation which explains this largely? But in regard to the question the mutual reception of the essentially dignified significators are enough testimonies to give a Yes to the question in my opinion. Johannes Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:35 pm
7 by AquaStella Would you please give a quotation for that sort of 'prohibition'? My recommendation is to read the great article in the following link: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn2.html Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 pm
8 by aglaya Of Government, Office, Dignity, Preferment, or any place of Command or Trust, whether attainable or not? (Lilly, CA II,page 444)LXXXII. The 1st house and his Lord are given to the Querent, the 10th house and his Lord shall signifie the Place, Office, Preferment, Command, Honour, &c. enquired after; if the Lord of the ascendant and the Moon be both joyned to the Sun, or to the Lord of the 10th, or either of them, and the Lord of the 10th behold the 10th, or be personally therein, the Querent shall then have the thing sought after, but not Gratis; nay, he must bestir himselfe, and use all the friends he can about it: if none of the Significators be joyned to the Lord of the 10th,, see if the Lord of the 1st or Moon be in the 10th, he shall then attain what he desires, if that Planet be not impedited: In this case, the Moon is actually separating from the sun but, given that it is a corporal aspect I believe that seeing it moving away from the area of combustion looks a lot better than an application to the Sun or a partile aspect as the New Moon woukld actually be bad sign ( Moon also rules the 2nd). In all Questions, know there's not so great an affliction to the Moon, as when she is in Conjunction with the SUN; the ill aspects fo the infortunes doth much afflict her, but none so powerfull as her Combustion. (Lilly, CA "Aphorisms and Considerations for Better Judging any Horary Question", pages pages 298 ff.) The ruler of the 1st is not inside the 10th but it is rather the other way around and i'm not sure if this could support my first impression that the job might be coming to the Querent (the Mars is squaring the 10th cusp as it often does when placed there) so, it does behold the 10th only it's a stressful aspect. The Mercury is separating from the 9th ruler (sent job application) but its application to the L10, as already mentioned, is prohibited. But there's still the Moon. Its next application is a conjunction with Saturn and, while this combination might be indicating rejection, Saturn is actually the ruler of the 9th (the publisher) ; maybe it is simply an answer or additional communicatzion/correspondence, of course. After that, the Moon will apply to the Venus (sextile and Venus is sitting on the 2th cusp- incomes), then to the L1 and finally to Mars. Still, there is no perfection between the main significators and the Moon is still outside the orb if its next application. Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 pm
9 by johannes susato AquaStella wrote:My recommendation is to read the great article in the following link: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn2.htmlGreat article indeed, AquaStella, thanks a lot! aglaya wrote:In all Questions, know there's not so great an affliction to the Moon, as when she is in Conjunction with the SUN; the ill aspects fo the infortunes doth much afflict her, but none so powerfull as her Combustion. (Lilly, CA "Aphorisms and Considerations for Better Judging any Horary Question", pages pages 298 ff.)Aglaya, the Moon is not combust here but under the Sun beams (Lilly, CA, p. 113). Even if there would be no sign boundary the distance of 11 degrees would free the Moon from being combust. Johannes Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:32 pm
10 by aglaya Yes, thanks, JS- maybe I didn't explain well as to why I pasted that quote- what i meant was that, while Lilly suggests that The Sun and the Moon beholding each other would be a good sign in a such question he also says that a conjuntion of the two planets is often is the worst shape of the Moon (that's why i added the second quotation- if two planets are said to behold each other when they're within the orb of an aspect, I thought I should add Lilly's note concerning a conjunction of the two planets in particular ). So, seeing the Moon actually moving away from combustion is better than seeing it in an applying conjunction with the Sun (unlike in cases when it applyies to Sun by sextile or trine for instance). We don't have a favourable aspect between the two planets but, if their closest aspect is a conjunction, it is better to see it belonging to the past. Of course, considering its current placement, it is has already left the combusition, you're right- I should have explained what I meant better, I suppose! I hope this makes sense! Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:07 pm
11 by SunMachine Thanks Folks!! Bummer, just when I thought I finally had a horary to my advantage, the planets go all void on me... Blah. Its next application is a conjunction with Saturn and, while this combination might be indicating rejection, Saturn is actually the ruler of the 9th (the publisher); maybe it is simply an answer or additional communicatzion/correspondence, of course I'm sure they wouldn't send me work directly, they would first ask for a test, some pages of translation, before deciding to work with me. But, since the industry is a bit shaken by this precious economy (Jupiter retro conjunct Chiron, ), and this chart shows so many impediments, I'm not holding my breath to wait for it. I'll send my resume to another company, will look for a good day when Mercury and Jupiter are trining. It seems the situation is really about to change, so I'm looking forward to the novelties it might bring. Again, thanks for the contributions, you guys have a real sharp eye! Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:46 pm
12 by johannes susato Thank you, Aglaya, for your explanations! Even though I can't change my mind I'm sure you are as curious as me for the outcome of this question. SunMachine, don't forget my dissenting opinion! Johannes Quote Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:25 pm