Election for Moving House 1 by Charlotte http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/360/move.jpg Hello Would anyone care to comment on the relative merits of an election for moving house? Any opinions would be gratefully received. I am not sure about the house cusps I am considering - I could use either mars or jupiter as ruler of H2. On the proposed date (10.12.10 at 04.40 in London) mars would only be at 1cp39 (rather early in its sign of exaltation) and jupiter (in domicile at would be at 24pi17) but conjunct uranus. Which is the better option a ruler early in its sign of exaltation positioned in the house it rules or the major benefic also posited in the house it rules but conjunct uranus (bringer of the unexpected)? Similarly, with regard to H5 I could shift the time a little and make either jupiter or mars ruler. Fiddling with the cusps renders the rulers of H2/H5 as either mars/jupiter or jupiter/mars. However, an earlier time gives Jupiter rulership of both H2 and H5. C Last edited by Charlotte on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total. Quote Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:55 pm
2 by Tienka Atema Hi Charlotte, It is not really clear to me what your goal is here? If the environment is important for instance, than the 3rd would be the place to look at. Why the 2nd? I think I am missing the point here And is it possible to move in the middle of the night? regards, Tienka www.astrologiepraktijk.nl Quote Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 pm
3 by Charlotte Hello Tienka I am interested in these two houses (H2 and H5) because this property purchase represents a major investment for us. Given the worldwide economic situation I am keen to try to start this endeavour as auspiciously as possible. Therefore H2 represents our finances generally and H5 eventual profit from the sale of this property. We are prepared to move in (taking with us some suitable items) at any horrid hour of the day/night and have our furniture delivered later! C Quote Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:33 pm
4 by elumen HI Charlotte, I am still not sure, have you purchased a property and want to move there? or you're considering investing into a property? In any case, in traditional horary, H4 is used for all properties, investment or your own, and the profits from that property would be shown by 10H (I think there is an article on this site by Deb for it. I'll try to find it and post here.) So in any case consider L4 (property), L10 (the profits for your), possibly L7 (seller, renters, if any) and L2 for your general financial situation. I would also consider the Moon Sun relationship, would be nice to have them in a good relationship, dignified and in a good aspect and angular. They help in electional astrology a lot. I used to overlook the significance of their relationship until Deb's recent lecture on the subject. Quote Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13 pm
5 by Tienka Atema I agree with Elumen. But I assume you already own the property, so I am not sure if we could take the lord of the 10th or the 10th house in this case to look if it is a good investment? Tienka www.astrologiepraktijk.nl Quote Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 pm
6 by Charlotte Hello Elumen and Tienka Thanks for your replies. I have chosen a fixed asc for stability. Asc (us) is scorpio. Mars is exalted at 1cp39 in H2 conj NN. H4 (the property) is ruled by exalted saturn at 15li19 in H12 (it's joy). Moon is in H3 (joy) at 10aq42. Moon will trine saturn and then sextile sun at 18sg00. I think I'm right in saying saturn collects light of both moon and mars? My thinking regards H2 and its importance here is that H2 represents our finances generally because this transaction represents a very significant financial endeavour for us. With regards H5 I am drawn to this house (John Frawley argues such and I think his logic is sound) as denoting profit from the eventual sale of this property as it is the second from the fourth. Whereas H10 represents our status/career/the price - what do you think? I am keen therefore to ensure strong rulers for H2/H5 thats why I was asking about which planet is stronger = mars in early capricorn (exalted) or jupiter at 24pi17 conj uranus. We want to live in the house which we are expecting to buy any day now. Regards Charlotte Quote Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 pm
8 by Deb Hi Charlotte In case you haven't seen it, you might find this link very useful - its Guido Bonatti's considerations for 4th house elections: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/4elect.html Regards Deb Quote Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 pm
10 by Charlotte OK. I have read Bonatti and Ramesey and Lilly, etc. I'm still unsure about the rulers' relative strengths - can anyone comment please? Charlotte Quote Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 pm
11 by Olivia I haven't seen your chart, and I, also, am somewhat unclear on what your purpose is, but: House 1 - where you are now House 7 - the place you want to move to These two houses will give you the answer to stay or go. If H1 or Lord of H1 is in good condition, or applying to benefics and separating from malefics - stay put. If H7 or the Lord of H7 is doing that instead - go. H4 is the proposed property itself. H5 is the profit you'll make from the property, though if it's a work-at-home deal, look at houses 1, 4, 7, and 10 all, especially 5, 7, and 10, to see how well a business venture from home would go. If you're buying to 'flip' the house, then H5 is where you want to look for profit. H5 also represents an agent or broker. Going back to H7, this is the seller and contract. H8 is his financial condition, and often worth looking at, especially if it's a 'take over the mortgage' situation or similar. What you DON'T want to see is a peregrine Lord of H7, because then the whole thing could fall through. Don't be too alarmed if you see, say, Saturn ruling or in 7 - it depends on the circumstances - maybe you're buying from an elderly person. Look at the state of the planet. It's also worth taking a look at Mercury as that's the natural ruler of contracts. H10 is the price of the property. If its ruler is exalted, chances are you'll be paying too much. If the ruler is depressed (detriment, fall) you'll pay less. If it's peregrine - the price is probably going to change. If the ruler is basically sound but not too dignified and not too debilitated, you'll probably be paying fair market value. Fixed signs on the angles denote fixity in general, so either you'll stay put, or if you're looking to buy, you'll have the house for a long time. I'm still on my first cup of coffee, and I'm sure other folks can fill you in more, and it's really not as crazy-making as it looks once you block out some time to sit down with the chart with the telephone turned off. Hope this helps. Quote Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm
12 by Olivia PS: There's no such thing as a perfect election, but you probably know that anyway. Just try for as many 'goods' as you can, and avoid the absolute deal-breakers. Quote Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:58 pm