Sidereal ascendant, appearance and constitution
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:17 pm
On another thread, Therese wrote:
I should say that I use a model based on the Indian (Ayurvedic) three-humour system rather than the Galenic four humours, as I am more familiar with the former. This is not the time or the place to describe the principles in detail, but I have found that the planet dominating the ascendant consistently describes the native. When there is no planet in the first house muddying the waters, there is generally no difficulty in distinguishing between Pisces and Aries rising, Aries and Taurus rising, etc.
Anyone else doing this? I should mention that I use only the seven classical rulers.
What I meant was that I always check the client's physical appearance, and sometimes other things (such as major character traits and interests, medical history, etc), against the ascendant in order to verify the time of birth. A planet in the first house generally takes precedence over the ruler; but often enough, there is no such planet, and we have to rely on the ruler, which of course is zodiac-dependent.Martin, somewhere in a quick scan of posts this morning (no time to carefully read posts until evening), you mentioned that you check the sidereal ascendant lord before reading a chart. If you have time, I'd like to see you elaborate on that point under a new topic heading ("The Ascendant Lord"...or whatever) on the new Sidereal forum Deb just set up.
Having a few concrete examples would help others to understand how we use sidereal rulers.
I should say that I use a model based on the Indian (Ayurvedic) three-humour system rather than the Galenic four humours, as I am more familiar with the former. This is not the time or the place to describe the principles in detail, but I have found that the planet dominating the ascendant consistently describes the native. When there is no planet in the first house muddying the waters, there is generally no difficulty in distinguishing between Pisces and Aries rising, Aries and Taurus rising, etc.
Anyone else doing this? I should mention that I use only the seven classical rulers.