Abigail Gustafson death
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 am
I'd just like to outline here how I think the manner of her death is shown in her nativity.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Gustafson,_Abigail

I can produce references if required but most of what I'm going to use comes from the Book of Aristotle as translated by Benjamin Dykes.
We are advised to intially look to the 8th house and its lord to describe the death. The 8th cusp is in Sagittarius and I notice straight away that it is being overcome by square by Saturn who is out of sect and within 1 degree of a sextile with Mercury, who himself is in a watery, violent sign. Lord of the 8th, Jupiter, is conjoined Mars closely and again suggest a violent death due to Mars' inherent nature.
We are next advised to look to the Lot of Death which falls at 23 Capricorn. If the lot is without benefic influence, we can expect a violent death. Both benefics are in aversion to the lot and would reaffirm what the 8th house was telling us. Saturn again comes up as he rules the lot while the Lot is in partile opposition to the watery Moon in a watery sign of Cancer - strong testimony of a watery end. Another is that this same Moon is conjoined the 4th house cusp and she is without the regard of the benefics.
Putting it together we have strong suggestions of a violent death with a Saturnian feel mixed with water.
Now to time it.
I am a little spilt on which light to use as Hyleg but for this purpose, it doesn't matter too much as they are both directed to Jupiter's bounds at the time of death making Juipiter the distributor.
Jupiter is lord of the 8th in the 4th and conjoined Mars, so we have some testimony for harm to the native in this period. We also have to look at the revolution for this year and see what Jupiter is doing there as this will modify his natal promise. Jupiter is in the revolution ASC conjoined Mars. This is a repetition of the natal figure and happens in the sign opposite within a few degrees, so it is a very powerful testimony of Jupiter's natal promise i.e. a violent death. Something unique to the revolution is Saturn overcoming square this combination which will only add to the testimony of violent death due to Saturn's previously mentioned significations. The place of the distributor's bound are also important and this makes me go for Moon as Hyleg as this revolution Mars/Jupiter/Saturn combination falls in a stake of the Moon's current bounds placed in Leo. All in all, the distributor suggests danger to the life and doubly so since Jupiter is without a partner in his time-lordship since there has been no direction of a planetary body or ray to the Hyleg.
Next we must look to the profected ASC. This actually falls in Sagittarius, the natal 8th, and this makes Jupiter the lord of the year. Everything I have just said about him is now intensified even more. The chart is mirroring the life now. I also note that Venus is in Sagittarius and will add colour to the significations of the year. Normally a benefic would help the native but I see the ASC lord placed in the 8th being activated as more testimony of death than any sort of help, especially with what Jupiter is bringing.
Abigail died on the 1st of December 1987. By this time the profected ASC moving 30 degrees a year has moved into Capricorn, so Jupiter and Saturn should be noted for timing.
Just a few days before, Saturn went under the beams in the sign of the monthly profected ASC, while the profected ASC moving 30 degrees a year is around haf a degree short of the natal Lot of Death. Another astrologer I know is partial to directing the revolution ASC around the revolution as Abu Ma'shar suggests, I note that the ASC reached the sextile of Saturn on the day of her death.
I think it is quite clear from Saturn's influence on the 8th house, his lordship of the Lot of Death and his role in timing the death that, with the correct support, he can bring death by drowning.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Gustafson,_Abigail

I can produce references if required but most of what I'm going to use comes from the Book of Aristotle as translated by Benjamin Dykes.
We are advised to intially look to the 8th house and its lord to describe the death. The 8th cusp is in Sagittarius and I notice straight away that it is being overcome by square by Saturn who is out of sect and within 1 degree of a sextile with Mercury, who himself is in a watery, violent sign. Lord of the 8th, Jupiter, is conjoined Mars closely and again suggest a violent death due to Mars' inherent nature.
We are next advised to look to the Lot of Death which falls at 23 Capricorn. If the lot is without benefic influence, we can expect a violent death. Both benefics are in aversion to the lot and would reaffirm what the 8th house was telling us. Saturn again comes up as he rules the lot while the Lot is in partile opposition to the watery Moon in a watery sign of Cancer - strong testimony of a watery end. Another is that this same Moon is conjoined the 4th house cusp and she is without the regard of the benefics.
Putting it together we have strong suggestions of a violent death with a Saturnian feel mixed with water.
Now to time it.
I am a little spilt on which light to use as Hyleg but for this purpose, it doesn't matter too much as they are both directed to Jupiter's bounds at the time of death making Juipiter the distributor.
Jupiter is lord of the 8th in the 4th and conjoined Mars, so we have some testimony for harm to the native in this period. We also have to look at the revolution for this year and see what Jupiter is doing there as this will modify his natal promise. Jupiter is in the revolution ASC conjoined Mars. This is a repetition of the natal figure and happens in the sign opposite within a few degrees, so it is a very powerful testimony of Jupiter's natal promise i.e. a violent death. Something unique to the revolution is Saturn overcoming square this combination which will only add to the testimony of violent death due to Saturn's previously mentioned significations. The place of the distributor's bound are also important and this makes me go for Moon as Hyleg as this revolution Mars/Jupiter/Saturn combination falls in a stake of the Moon's current bounds placed in Leo. All in all, the distributor suggests danger to the life and doubly so since Jupiter is without a partner in his time-lordship since there has been no direction of a planetary body or ray to the Hyleg.
Next we must look to the profected ASC. This actually falls in Sagittarius, the natal 8th, and this makes Jupiter the lord of the year. Everything I have just said about him is now intensified even more. The chart is mirroring the life now. I also note that Venus is in Sagittarius and will add colour to the significations of the year. Normally a benefic would help the native but I see the ASC lord placed in the 8th being activated as more testimony of death than any sort of help, especially with what Jupiter is bringing.
Abigail died on the 1st of December 1987. By this time the profected ASC moving 30 degrees a year has moved into Capricorn, so Jupiter and Saturn should be noted for timing.
Just a few days before, Saturn went under the beams in the sign of the monthly profected ASC, while the profected ASC moving 30 degrees a year is around haf a degree short of the natal Lot of Death. Another astrologer I know is partial to directing the revolution ASC around the revolution as Abu Ma'shar suggests, I note that the ASC reached the sextile of Saturn on the day of her death.
I think it is quite clear from Saturn's influence on the 8th house, his lordship of the Lot of Death and his role in timing the death that, with the correct support, he can bring death by drowning.
